|Summary: Commercial Service Representative will provide commercial lines service and support to clients and production staff, by assisting, maintaining, and expanding assigned accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process daily mail, including faxes and e-mail, for assigned accounts.
2. Answer and process all telephone requests for assigned accounts,.
3. Maintain account files in an orderly sequence according to established procedures.
4. Secure Insurance Coverage Review checklist on New and Renewal accounts over $2,500 in revenue.
5. Enter all required data into system to maintain current file data on assigned accounts.
6. Review commercial applications, renewal requests and endorsements for adherence to underwriting authority and guidelines as established by the company’s carriers.
7. Handle renewal marketing of accounts.
8. Attend carrier and industry meetings and seminars.
9. Prepare and process binders of insurance, policies, and endorsements, certificates of insurance, audits, and cancellations as defined in the company procedures manual.
10. May take claim calls and report to carriers as defined in the company procedures.
11. Secure loss runs and experience modification worksheets on assigned accounts.
12. Maintain suspense or follow-up system for correspondence/requests.
13. Process premium finance agreements as needed.
14. Prepare billings and/or invoices on a timely basis.
15. Assist client through preparation of Excel spreadsheets and premium breakdowns.
16. Assist in the collection of premiums and audits as defined in the procedures manual.
17. Maintain expiration records.
18. Provide back-up to other Commercial Service Agents as assigned.
19. Pursue a program of personal and professional development.
20. Develop and maintain working relationship with various company marketing representatives and underwriters.
21. Maintain favorable relationship with clients, Producers, and fellow employees.
22. Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of commercial lines coverage & rating.
23. Perform clerical functions when assigned.
24. All other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
2. Able to negotiate and solve problems effectively.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately.
4. Ability to understand written and oral communication and to interpret abstract information.
5. Full and complete knowledge of insurance products and usages.
6. Ability to initiate and foster client rapport.
7. Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
8. Ability to utilize existing agency computer programs and understand functionality.
9. Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Large Lines position prefers college degree or designation.
3. Strong technical knowledge of coverage in all commercial lines insurance coverage.
4. 2+ years service/general agency/company experience.
5. Property & Casualty Agent’s License.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
FOR IMMEDIATE AND CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION EMAIL RESUME TO email@example.com