|The job is for a front desk medical receptionist who has experience in a busy office and EMR skills.
Reports directly to the Front Desk Supervisor and Practice Administrator, indirectly to the physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
This individual creates a professional practice image, promotes a positive approach while handling the need to be involved in several activities at one time with poise. Promotes the smooth flow of operations within the office; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, physicians, fellow staff members and the general public.
Receptionist Job Functions;
· Greet and assist patients in person and on the phone.
· Schedule patient appointments and procedures per protocol.
· Perform eligibility and remind patient to bring any referrals and/or pre-authorizations required.
· Obtain appropriate precertification/ referral; coordinate with billing department regarding patient financial responsibility and payments.
· Perform patient check in and checkout procedures as required.
· Update patient demographic and insurance information when appropriate.
· Maintain organized and accurate records for the practice, utilizing time efficiently and effectively.
· Scan documents per protocol.
· Maintain appropriate clerical supplies and clinical supplies (urine cups) notifying supervisor when stock is low.
· Complete Greenway tasks as assigned appropriately.
· Screen telephone calls, taking messages and following-up and communicating with the appropriate individuals including documentation in Greenway.
· Prepare echarts prior to scheduled date; review for outstanding orders, eligibility issues, etc.
· Collects copay, co-insurance and other patient payments, posting, reconciling as appropriate.
· Maintains cash drawer.
· Responsible for maintenance of a clean, safe, and organized work environment
· Assists with staff/physician productivity, maintains composure during emergency situations and coordinate with front office and clinical staff for consistent high quality operation.
- Remove and import flags as per procedure.
· Perform other functions as necessary.
· Promotes positive customer/team member relations
· Maintains the privacy of patient information and security of all records.
· Reports issues and concerns to supervisor/manager.
· Maintains standards of compliance with regulatory agencies.
· Assist with training and reeducation as required.
.Job Related Skills:
Analytical skills, excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills, customer service skills, answering phones and scheduling appointments, insurance knowledge, balancing daily deposits, and good overall understanding of medical office functions.
Knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding. Current knowledge of insurance medical policies. Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness. Skill with computer applications.
Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instruction. Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provision related to office activities. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with patients, co-workers and staff.
Keep abreast of all managed care organizations documentation requirements and changes for Medicare and other third party payers.
Enhance professional growth and development through in services, meetings, educational programs and conferences, etc.
Maintain OSHA and other related compliance as required
Maintain equipment problem and solution log and provide reports to supervisor.
For immediate consideration email resume to email@example.com Temp to Hire